Collection of Personal Information
The types of personal information collected and stored by Upshot Media Group, LLC. might include your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (if required to make a payment). Upshot Media Group, LLC. (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
– any data which you provide when you complete and submit an form to Upshot Media Group, LLC. to register on its website(s) or receive email/sms alerts or other communications from Upshot Media Group, LLC.
– any data that you provide via postings to blogs and any other posting that you make to an Upshot Media Group, LLC. website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to other users of the website); during any transaction with us; and any other data which you provide to Upshot Media Group, LLC. when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
Storage and retention of your information
Use of Your Information
Upshot Media Group, LLC. may use your personal information for the following purposes:
– administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email/sms alerts, payments, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
– responding to any enquiry you make;
– subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding Upshot Media Group, LLC.’s or any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented e.g. post, email, sms); and
– for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns, user experience, etc. of the Upshot Media Group, LLC. website(s) and other services and developing Upshot Media Group, LLC.’s marketing plans.
Upshot Media Group, LLC. will only also disclose your information as follows:
– if you have specifically given your consent for Upshot Media Group, LLC. to do so, to other selected organizations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
– to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by Upshot Media Group, LLC. to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
– to third parties selected by Upshot Media Group, LLC. as part of aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns, etc. of the Upshot Media Group, LLC. website(s);
– to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure Upshot Media Group, LLC.’s compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
– (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Upshot Media Group, LLC. and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring Upshot Media Group, LLC. to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an Upshot Media Group, LLC. website; and
– to any individual making a subject information request to Upshot Media Group, LLC..
In the event that Upshot Media Group, LLC. (or a relevant part of Upshot Media Group, LLC.) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant Upshot Media Group, LLC. business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom Upshot Media Group, LLC. is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on Upshot Media Group, LLC. by the third party.
When you visit an Upshot Media Group, LLC. website(s), Upshot Media Group, LLC. uses “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalized and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you’re use of the website. A number of cookies Upshot Media Group, LLC. use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
– create a specific log-in session for a visitor to a Upshot Media Group, LLC. website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
– recognize when a visitor to a Upshot Media Group, LLC. website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
– customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
– store your product selections to the shopping basket;
– collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
– Some of the cookies used by Upshot Media Group, LLC. websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on a Upshot Media Group, LLC. website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
– Third party cookies are either set by third parties on the Website or these are set by us using the third parties cookie code. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website. In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
Third Party Websites
Form Submission and Registration
– To access certain parts of the Upshot Media Group, LLC. websites, Upshot Media Group, LLC. may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
Last updated March 1, 2016